Have you been arrested of driving while intoxicated in Tangipahoa Parish or elsewhere in Louisiana?
DWI Penalties in Tangipahoa
In Amite, Hammond and throughout Tangipahoa Parish, a DWI conviction has serious consequences. First and foremost, your driver’s license will automatically be suspended for months or weeks at a time. You will also receive a criminal record at the state and federal levels, which will affect your current and future employment. If you can’t work, you can’t pay your bills or provide for your family.
- License reinstatement fees & other mandatory fines
- Mandatory jail time
- An increase in your insurance rates of nearly 30%
- Community service where the required hours increase by offense
- Home monitoring
- The installation of an ignition interlock device
Louisiana does not allow expungements, so a drinking and driving arrest stays on your record permanently. The best way to avoid a conviction and minimize these penalties is to get a top-rated lawyer to defend you. The attorneys at McMillin Law are ready and waiting for your call: (985) 315-3988.
Pleading guilty is often the most harmful option when charged with a DUI in Louisiana. Instead, your attorney can:
- Challenge the field sobriety test or Breathalyzer results
- Fight against an illegal search
- Argue for the charge to be reduced to “wet reckless”
You won’t know your legal options until you speak with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Allow McMillin Law to earn you the best possible outcome.
DWI Resources for Tangipahoa Parish
Judicial District: 21
Parish Seat: Amite City
21st Judicial District Court
110 North Bay Street
Amite, LA 70422
Advanced DUI Defense Training
Marine Corp Veteran